good reasons for not accepting a counteroffer
1. You have made your employer aware of your dissatisfaction. From
this day on, your loyalty will be in question.
2. When promotions are considered, your employer will take your
lack of loyalty into account.
3. Once the word gets out, your relationship with your co-workers
will never be the same.
4. There could be a strong impact later on your sense of pride. You
could feel like you've been bought.
5. When times get tough, your employer will begin the cutbacks with
6. Your company is likely to begin looking — immediately — for your
7. Statistics show that 85% of those who accept a counteroffer end
up leaving — voluntarily or involuntarily — within one year.
8. You will probably wonder where the extra money is suddenly
coming from. Is it just an advance on a raise you would have got anyway?
9. A counteroffer raises doubts about the type of company you work
for. Why should you have to threaten to resign before they give you what
10. The same circumstances that caused you to consider leaving will
likely recur in the future.